Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jay's Jeans....I mean GENES!

Recently, Jayden was having a rather rough evening. He had decided that he simply didn't want to be exactly the way he was any longer. His "issue" is one that both his father and brother shared, so I thought it would be good to have a sit down with both Jayden and Isaac.

Problem #1: I did NOT warn Isaac that this talk was about to come and encourage him how best to handle the discussion.

Problem #2: We were having the discussion in our basement...and Jayden was naked.

The result...

Isaac began to share with Jayden that he had this "issue" because of who his parents are. Isaac very kindly explained that he also had the same struggles until he was older than Jay and understood his frustrations. As a good big brother should, he explained that it was the family genes that made this "issue" a reality for the males of the family and that is why neither Emma or Hannah could relate. As Isaac continued to do his best to explain, Jayden announces:

I don't even wear jeans! I have NO idea what you are talking about!


Needless to say, it took both Isaac and I a few, silent seconds to figure out that Jayden meant jeans and we meant GENES.

I'm still uncertain whether we were able to get through to Jay...but, at least he knows he isn't alone AND we are still chuckling!

For Financial Donations

Brian & Tobi

Brian & Tobi