Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family Camp - 2010

We have spent this weekend with 11 other families from Alleluia Lutheran out at Camp WAPO in Amery, WI. It has been a wonderful opportunity to share laughs and grow in faith together. I am amazed at how God's spirit has been so very present at all times throughout our weekend...from family devos to campfire worships to scavenger hunts to sharing our meals together. God has been here...and blessing our time with great memories and a spiritual mountain top experience to take home with us.

As the leader of these types of events, I am often nervous for weeks before they happen. I worry about how each game and activity will be received. I pray over the scripture choices, songs and even the movie choices. Yes! I obsess on every detail! Why? Because I simply fail to remember that I AM NOT ALONE. I have a great team of adults to plan with (and share the credit/blame). And, most importantly, I have God's guidance moving me forward...taking those leaps of faith to even entrust 3 year olds with shaving cream!

Tonight, after worship and s'mores, I had my "aha" moment for the weekend. It came in the stillness of simply singing praises and old camp songs with Brian and Rob (our Director of Worship & Music) on guitar. Families had begun heading back to their rooms and the stillness of night settled in. Jay in a rare moment of exhaustion snuggled in my lap as we rocked and sang the words that touched my soul:
Jesus loves me.
This I know.
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak but he is strong.
Halleluiah....
Amazing Grace how sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found.
Was blind but now I see.
Halleliah....
The words reached past my mind and into my heart. I was reminded that I was Jesus child. I was loved. And, I could see. Grace has brought me this far...and I belong to a God that is here.
A God who is present.
A God who is strong.
A God who is real.

For Financial Donations

Brian & Tobi

Brian & Tobi