Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Latest

Our family has been so overwhelmed by the amazing blessings of family and friends as we have announced the good news of our newest son, Elijah Charles.  The calls, texts, e-mails and cards have brightened our hearts and helped to remind us of the joy that comes when surrounded by the hands and feet of Jesus.  Thank you for all the little ways (smiles and patience with our current chaos) and big ways (gifts and donations of baby goodies) that you have lifted us up.  We are so very, very blessed!

I have been miserable at returning phone calls and keeping everyone up to date.  My apologies.  I think I can speak for both Brian and I that it isn't that we don't want to share all the good news.  Our brains are a bit on overload!  The good news is that the jumble that exists between our ears seems to still be functioning enough to care for our four kids at home!  

So, what's new?!

Elijah is doing great.  He is getting stronger and eating more with each passing day.  They are doing their final MRI this afternoon and starting the additional final tests to prepare for him to be released.  The nurse practioner is hopeful that Elijah will be released as early as Tuesday.  

I am flying down Thursday afternoon to be with Elijah.  I am looking forward to being back and holding our baby!  I will stay in Florida until Elijah is released.  We have been blessed by receiving a waiver so I won't have to stay in Florida for the 5 - 15 days waiting for IPCP papers to be processed.  As soon as the doctor gives us the go, we can head home!  Of course, Thanksgiving travel will make our return adventure a bit more of an adventure.  But, as long as we fly in on Thanksgiving before the turkey is served, I think all will be good!

In the meanwhile, we thank you all for your prayers and your eagerness to help us welcome Elijah home.  God is so good, and the adventure is simply amazing!

For Financial Donations

Brian & Tobi

Brian & Tobi