Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Free Falling

Elijah Charles
I have never experience free-fall from an airplane.  But, I imagine that the past week has been a bit like a free-fall must be.

1)  Denial
              Free-Fall:  I can't believe that I just jumped off that plane!  This can't be happening...
              Adoption:  I can't believe that a mom just chose us!  This can't be happening...

2)  Adrenaline Rush
               Free-Fall:  Oh, Crap!  I am falling from the sky...at a really fast pace.  This is so cool!
              Adoption:  Oh, Crap!  We just gave our heart away to a 5 1/2 lb little bundle of joy in the NICU.  We are signing paperwork to make him our own.  This is so cool!

3)  Peacefulness & Acceptance
              Free-Fall:  Check out the view!  It is so beautiful to be here...
              Adoption:  Check out this view...we are a family of 7.  It is so beautiful to be here...


4)  Panic
              Free-Fall:  I have had training for this.  What if my parachute doesn't work?  Where is the manual for this thing?

              Adoption:  I have had training for this.  (You don't have 4 kids without them training you a bit!)  What if I don't remember how to do this?  Where is the manual for this thing?

5)  Dread
              Free-Fall:  I don't want this feeling to end.  This has been the coolest thing!  What happens next?
             Adoption:  I don't want this feeling to end.  This has been the coolest thing...and, now, we have to return home, tomorrow.  What happens next?

6)  Success!
              Free-Fall:  My feet are on the ground!  I survived!  Now, how many days until I can arrange to do this again...
              Adoption:  Our feet are on the ground.  And, we will survive.  Now, how many days until we can come back and bring him home with us...



For Financial Donations

Brian & Tobi

Brian & Tobi